According to a 2011 MetLife market survey of Nursing Home, Assisted Living, Adult Day Services and Home Care Costs national average rates for a private nursing home room increased 4.4% to $239 daily or $87,235 annually.
Some other statistics:
- In 2010 66% of nursing home residents were women. Â The median age of residents was 82.7.
- Current estimates show that the average age of an assisted living resident is 86.9 years old.
- The median length of stay in an assisted living facility is 25.6 months.
- The majority (87%) of nursing homes surveyed provide Alzheimerâ€™s or dementia care; of those, 80% charge the same rate for care
- Almost three-quarters (72%) of assisted living communities surveyed provide Alzheimerâ€™s and dementia care, 50% of which charge an additional fee for the service.
The 2011 MetLife Market Survey of Nursing Home, Assisted Living, Adult Day Services, and Home Care Costs can be downloaded from www.MatureMarketInstitute.com.
Here’s the link: