According to a 2011 MetLife market survey of Nursing Home, Assisted Living, Adult Day Services and Home Care Costs national average rates for a private nursing home room increased 4.4% to $239 daily or $87,235 annually.
Some other statistics:
- In 2010 66% of nursing home residents were women. Â The median age of residents was 82.7.
- Current estimates show that the average age of an assisted living resident is 86.9 years old.
- The median length of stay in an assisted living facility is 25.6 months.
- The majority (87%) of nursing homes surveyed provide Alzheimerâ€™s or dementia care; of those, 80% charge the same rate for care
- Almost three-quarters (72%) of assisted living communities surveyed provide Alzheimerâ€™s and dementia care, 50% of which charge an additional fee for the service.